Thursday 7 June 2007

Day 1 Traveling... Defying the Jetlag

June 6, 2007

Wow, what a long long day. The traveling began at 6:45 leaving Logan UT for the Salt Lake City airport. After barely making my flight to New York I was able to relax and sleep a bit. Everything seemed to be smooth sailing until we had to wait on the runway for an hour after landing waiting for a gate to open. This led us to only have 20 minutes before our flight to London would take off. So we ran, and ran, and ran from one side of the JFK airport to the next all the while they are calling our last names over the intercom calling final boarding. But we made it. and I slept the entire flight which was a good thing cause as soon as we got into town we went to the hotel and then right out for a tour of london. We learned how to use the tube and the train system.

We were able to see Big Ben and the parlement building, the millenium bridge and the eye of london. It seemed to be a dream, I don't know if that was the jet lag, lack of sleep or just the fact that I was finally in LONDON!!!

This first image here is the Eye of London. A HUGE ferris wheel that is a 50 minute ride and shows great views of all over London. I want to ride it at sunset one day, but it is £15 which is $30. So we will have to see what budget allows.

This is a great lamp post that I just loved the detailing of. It had a great asian influence, which I thought was interesting since we were in the middle of downtown London. I thought it was a great design detail. Here is a closer up picture.

The next image is of a Salvador Dali sculpture. As I am sure you can see for yourself, Dali had a very interesting style. Who would think to make a clock slide down a tree? This was one of 4 Dali statues featured on the North coast of the river.
Here I am in front of the National Portriat Gallery feeding the pigeons... off my head. It was so fun! Just like a dream. and the dream would only get better. While about to leave Buckingham Palace we noticed that the baracades were being moved. The next thing we know two cars were pulling out of the gates. In the first car was the QUEEN!!! She even waved at us it was great. How could you ask for a better day. Most people live in London all their lives and never see the Queen. I was there for one day and she was already waving at me. This is her car she's in the back. Unfortunately the windows gave too much of a glare fro ya'll to be abel to make her out, but I promise it's her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish I was a little mouse in your pocket!! But I will enjoy it through you. Love ya