Thursday 21 June 2007

London Day 13


June 18, 2007

Today was a very nice day. We only went to one place called Blenheim Palace. This is my favorite house that we have gone to so far. It was a beautiful home and garden. The trip started with my first ride on a double decker bus, which was an experience on it’s own.

We arrived at the palace and had to walk through the rain again. Here I am at the entrance gate.

We could not take pictures inside which is too bad cause it was the most beautiful interior. We were able to catch some cute shots outside on the grassy hill over looking the river though.

Also there were beautiful gardens with great statues and fountains.

Along with a nice rose garden.and good hunting. I saw about 5 pheasants.

After we left the palace we made a stop at the gift shop and I made my most favorite purchase so far. I got these great little silver chairs that are actually dinner party name card holders. I thought they were so cute and I can’t wait to have a dinner party and use them. They came in a set of four, but who has a dinner party with our people where you need name plates so I had to buy two. I figure they are great cause I will have them til I die and then pass them on as an heir loom.

I also got a small gift for my mother and they ended up giving me the wrong color so I walked back to the store by myself while everyone was waiting to catch the bus home. It was actually kind of nice to travel on the train and through the city alone though. Not having to worry about anyone catching up.

No comments: