Friday 15 June 2007

London Day 6

June 11, 2007

Today was a day of a lot of walking. First, we went across the London Tower Bridge. Here is a picture of me on the bridge. It has great architecture, but I thought it most interesting that it is painted blue.

While crossing the bridge, we had a great view of the city and London’s city hall. I thought it had very intriguing architecture.

The Design Museum was our first stop of the day. I was actually a little disappointed with this museum. I was hoping to see more famous pieces of modern furniture and displays but only ended up seeing some strange pieces such as this set of log chairs.

From the Design Museum, we walked a few miles to the Tate Modern. Here is a picture of my roommates and I.

Also along the way I saw this window on the side of a restaurant and thought it was a great form of design. The way that it allows the outside to continue into the interior.

Outside the Tate is a beautiful patch of birch trees and I could not help but stop for a photo opp.

No pictures were allowed inside the Tate but it was a great museum. I was able to go through a special exhibit on Salvador Dali. He was a very interesting man, with a twisted mind but created great art.

After the Tate Modern, a few of us girls went out walking and came across St. Paul’s Cathedral. This was so beautiful. It is one of the most magnificent buildings in my opinion in the city of London.

1 comment:

temina said...

You look like you're having so much fun!! I love the log chairs....I think I saw some just like it camping the other day! Miss ya