Saturday 9 June 2007

London Day 4

June 9, 2007

Today was our first free day and it was so nice to sleep in. We were able to relax most of the day. We did ride the tube of course; first, we went to Portobello Market. This was a fun little out doors market with venders selling everything from jewelry to fruit, miniatures to dresses. It was a great place to people watch because there were so many different nationalities. Although it was a great market and you were able to barter, things were very over priced. I did however splurge on one item, a ring that I absolutely fell in love with.

It is blue sapphire in 5 bands that are all connected. Even though it is blue sapphire it appears black and glistening. It was originally 55 pounds and I was able to talk the man down to 40 pounds. It was a big spend for me so I will just be eating my snacks for dinner tonight.

After the market we took the tube again.

Here are a few of the girls and I squished together on a tube ride. We were on our way to Oxford Street to do more shopping. When we arrived at Oxford Street there were just so many people everywhere pushing and shoving to get where they needed to go I just could not take it. So knowing that I would not be doing any more shopping I decided to just head over to the park across the street and relax. Mikell, Jessica and I decided to take a seat in the shade and do a bit of sketching.

The three of us were able to relax but still see some cool things. We watched the buses go by one after another after another. It amazed me how many buses were traveling through the street.

I was also glad because we were able to stop and pose at the Marble Arch which is so interesting. It’s this magnificent arch right smack in the middle to dirty down town.

That was it for the day. So all in all I spent to much money on one thing, but had a great day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE THE OUTFIT...VERY EURO!!

Unknown said...

I TOTALLY POSTED MY COMMENT ON THE WRONG PAGE..BUT U ARE REALLY CAPTURING THE BEAUTY IN LONDON..I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE OTHER COUNTRIES...BUT YEAH...UR FRICKIN ROCKIN!!!!...PARTY LIKE A ROCKSTAR AT THE FIRST CHANCE YOU GET!!!