Friday 15 June 2007

London Day 9

June 14, 2007

Same as everyday we start out in the tube station. Here you see Katie and I.

I love having my iPOD.

Today we went back out to the countryside to the town of Cambridge. The town is name after this bridge which goes over the river Cam.

Cambridge is a college town which includes 32 separate colleges that are all with in close proximity of each other. We got a tour around the town from a very sweet guide named Sally. She was very passionate about all she showed us which made the day that much more great. We went into the King’s Cross Building, which has the most amazing fan vaulting I have ever seen. Luckily I was able to sneak a picture.

Here is a picture into their main courtyard. Here none of the students are allowed to walk on the grass only the professors.

This next picture is called the bridge of honor and it is where the students that are graduating all walk through single file to go and get their degrees. It is surrounded by 8 sun dials and on a clear day you can tell the time from it 18 hours out of the day.

While walking through the town, I came across this great art nouveau store front. It was the best example of the art nouveau I have ever seen in person.

We were able to go to a church designed by William Morris. This is a stained glass done by him and his design team.

After the tour we went across the Cam River.

Then we went on a punting ride on the river. It was very fun and we got to see some more history of the city.

This was one building that intrigued me because it was one of the only buildings that during World War II Hitler wanted preserved. This was because he liked the eagle on the front of the entrance. This was the reason why Cambridge still exists and does not have any war damage.

This bridge that we went under was designed by Sir Isaac Newton.

Then as we wandered around the town it began to rain, so I started under an umbrella and then of course I could not help but play in the rain.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I AM LOVIN THE HAIR CUT AND COLOR...UR SOOOO PRETTY....BUT NOT AS PRETTY AS ME...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA