Friday 15 June 2007

London Day 7

June 12, 2007

Today is one week in London. So far, this has been an amazing experience and today was by far the best day of the trip. We first went to the Wilton House. This is where the handsome Duke of Pembrooke lives. It is a beautiful home. We had tea and pastries when we first arrived.

Unfortunately, we were unable to take pictures inside the home. The gardens were gorgeous. Here are a series of pictures from the garden. The first is a bridge that crossed over the river to the thousand acres behind the home.

This picture is an Asian influence section of the garden that contained four of these red bridges and great pagoda statuettes.

After strolling through the gardens I came across all of my class mates playing on the biggest play ground I have ever seen. It was so fun. I played on the swings with Holly…

Went down a thirty foot slide…

And jumped on the trampoline. Here I am waiting for my little friend Jonathon to get done jumping and have my turn.

Chance wanted to see my tricks. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything exciting just a toe touch.

After leaving the playground, we made our way to Salisbury Cathedral.

Here was such a great tour. We were able to go up to the bottom of the spire. It was a 285 foot climb which included 332 steps. We were able to learn of the great construction methods of the time it was built, back in the 15th century. On the way to the top I was able to get great views of the cathedral from the balcony level.

I thought it was so cool that we were able to go up by the stain glass windows.

When I got to the top it was a bit scary being so high off the ground.

But I got a great view of the city below.

I was higher than the birds were flying.

And Katie and felt like Rock Stars on top of the world!

No comments: