Thursday 7 June 2007

Day 2 in London

June 7, 2007

So after a so-so night of sleep. (I am staying in a room with 5 other girls, in bunk beds, with one bathroom). We woke up had breakfast and were out and about by 9:00 a.m. Our first stop was Westminster Abbey. This was such a large building with the most interact details in the ceilings and architecture. This is were most of the important people of Britian are buried such as the Kings and Queens and saints. It was a very solomn place to walk through.
It was a great back drop for a fun photo shoot though.
We then split up on our own to make it to the National Portrait Museum. So Mikell and I took off for our first excursion through London. We did a pretty good job seeing a few extra things along the way, such as the royal band practicing in a large auditorium which we decided to take a short cut right through the middle of an auditorium where the Royal Band was practicing.

Finally making it to the Museum it was amazing to see such amazing paintings. Ones that looked so life like. I was most facinated with the way the artists could make fabrics look so texturized and realistic. Something I would like to improve on in my own renderings.

After the Portrait Museum we then all met up and headed to the V&A. Which is the Victorian Albert Museum. It is really a museum of many different things. One of my favorite displays was the rot iron portion. There was some of the most beautiful designs. This is one of the Chandelier holders that I thought was just beautiful!Another part of the V&A that I enjoyed was the chairs that they had through out the museum. This is the Lips Sofa by Salvador Dali.

and this is the Ant Chair by Arne Jacobsen.
Well there are many many more photos and many more to come. I am tired and headed to bed. Til next time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU LOOK SO TANNED!!!...AND WHERE DID U GET THAT SKIRT?...LOVIN IT

Unknown said...

Hello,

I'd appreciate if you can give me some feedback on our site: www.regencyshop.com

I realize that you are home decor-modern design connoisseur :) I'd like to hear your opinion/feedback on our products. Also,

it'd be swell if you can place our ant chair link on your blog.

Thank you,

Nancy